Any links in this post to a merchant may contain an affiliate link, which means that if you click on that link and then buy something, I may earn a commission from it. However, all opinions in this link are 100% mine and 100% honest. If I didn't believe in a particular product, I wouldn't recommend it to you.
Planning a trip to Disney World? Not sure what Epcot is all about and whether you want to spend time there? Epcot is a very unique theme park. Half of it is devoted to technology, communication, and exploration, while the other half of the park is dedicated to the cultures of various countries around the world. The part focused on the world is called World Showcase. There are 11 countries in World Showcase. Each one features a replica of a famous landmark, restaurants, entertainment, shops, and other things. Here is a list of everything you can expect from Epcot’s World Showcase countries.
As you approach World Showcase from the front of Epcot, Mexico is the first country you encounter if you start your tour of the World Showcase countries on the left. It is anchored by a large Mayan temple, which houses much of the pavilion’s offerings. You can meet Donald Duck in Mexico.
- San Angel Inn is a table service restaurant located inside the Mayan temple.
- La Hacienda de San Angel is Mexico’s second table service restaurant. It is located on the lagoon side of the promenade.
- Also located on the water side of the pavilion, La Cantina de San Angel is Mexico’s only counter service restaurant.
- La Cava del Tequila is a tequila bar inside the Mayan temple. Its menu features 120 types of tequilas and specialty margaritas.
- Choza de Margarita is an outdoor bar which sits next to the temple. It serves margaritas, beer, nonalcoholic drinks, and tapas.
Mexico’s Attractions & Entertainment
- Gran Fiesta Tour is a boat ride inside the temple. Three caballeros (Donald Duck, Jose Carioca, and Panchito) are the stars of the ride.
- Also inside the temple is the Mexican Folk Art Gallery. This is a rotating art gallery.
- While in Mexico, enjoy the sounds of Mariachi Cobre, a 12-piece band that plays outside the temple. They move inside if the weather is bad, however.
Most of the shopping in Mexico is located in the Plaza de la Amigos, the “open-air” marketplace inside of the temple. Here, you can find a wide variety of Mexican handicrafts and Disney-inspired souvenirs.
Next to Mexico, you will Norway. If you have little girls, you will definitely need to visit this pavilion during your trip. Take your little princesses to the Royal Sommerhus in Norway to meet Anna and Elsa from Frozen. Norway’s landmark is a recreation of a Stave Church.
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall is a table service restaurant serving an American style breakfast and Norwegian favorites for lunch and dinner. This is a character meal where you can meet several of the princesses and other favorite female characters.
- Kingla Bakeri Og Kafe is a quick service bakery serving open-face sandwiches, salads, and freshly baked pastries and desserts. A popular treat here is the Norwegian school bread.
Norway’s Attractions & Entertainment
- The highlight of a visit to Norway is riding Frozen Ever After, a boat ride through the popular movie Frozen.
- Inside the Stave Church, you will find a rotating exhibit of Norwegian themed art and artifacts. This is also a nice place to cool off if you need a break from the heat.
Norway has two gift shops: The Wandering Reindeer and Puffin’s Roost. Both shops sell a variety of porcelain and glass pieces, along with toys and Frozen merchandise.
As you continue your tour around World Showcase, the third country you will encounter is China. Sitting amidst beautiful landscaping and water features is the ornate Temple of Heaven. Mulan meets with guests in the Chinese pavilion.
- Nine Dragons Restaurant is China’s only table-service restaurant. It is open for lunch and dinner.
- If you prefer a quick service meal, Lotus Blossom Cafe offers traditional Chinese takeout and has a small seating area.
- Joy of Tea is a kiosk that serves a variety of hot and iced teas.
China’s Attractions & Entertainment
- Wondrous China, a new 360 degree film, will open in January 2020.
- Be sure to check out the Jeweled Dragon Acrobats show while in the China pavilion.
The gift shop in China sells a wide variety of Chinese items and souvenirs. These include kitchenware, paper fans, and clothing.
Next on our list of World Showcase counties is Germany. This pavilion always has the lively feel of Oktoberfest going on, especially when compared to the tranquility of China next door. Germany’s landmark is the St. George and the Dragon statue sitting on a high pedestal. If you are looking for characters, you can meet Snow White while here.
- The only table service restaurant in Germany is Biergarten. It features communal seating and a live German band. Additionally, there is space to dance along with the music if you would like. The buffet at Biergarten offers a wide variety of favorite German foods.
- Sommerfest, on the other hand, is a kiosk selling bratwurst, pretzels, and beer.
Germany’s Attractions & Entertainment
Unfortunately, there are no attractions in Germany. But, you should take some time to watch the miniature trains. Kids love watching the trains, while adults appreciate all the little details. Also, if you dine at Biergarten, you can enjoy the sounds of Oktoberfest Musikanten.
- At the shops in Germany, you can buy Arribas Brothers crystal, Hummel and Goebel collectibles, beer steins, cuckoo clocks, and much more.
- Definitely stop in Karamell-Kuche, Werther’s only working kitchen in the world. While you delight in the wonderful smells, you can debate which fresh caramel treat to enjoy.
If you have ever wanted to know what it feels like to stroll through Venice, just spend some time in the Italy pavilion. The architecture and ambiance of this little piece of Epcot is modeled after the famous city. The landmark for this World Showcase country is St. Mark’s Campanile. As of now, there are no characters meeting guests in Italy.
- Via Napoli is a table service restaurant specializing in authentic Italian pizzas. You will also find salads and sandwiches on the menu. If you are short on time, you can grab a pizza from the take-out window.
- Tutto Italia Ristorante is another table service restaurant in Italy. Here, you can feast on all of the classic Italian dishes and desserts.
- If you are a fan of wine, try Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar. This table service restaurant serves wine, beer, cocktails, and small plates.
- If ice cream is more your style, the Italian Gelato kiosk serves several flavors of Italian gelato.
- The Italy Donkey snack cart is a another choice for ice cream and sweet treats, as well as wine and cocktails.
Italy’s Attractions & Entertainment
Unfortunately, Italy does not have any attractions, but Sergio the juggler is out several times a day to entertain guests.
The gift shops in Italy feature a selection of Italian wine, chocolates, and other candies.
The American Adventure sits right in the middle of World Showcase and represents the USA. It is anchored by a replica of Independence Hall and has a very patriotic atmosphere to the whole pavilion. Daisy Duck has recently started meeting guests here.
- Work is currently underway on a new quick service restaurant in this pavilion. Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Beers and Barbecue is slated to open in late 2019 or early 2020.
- Block & Hans Snack kiosk offers pretzels and drinks.
- Additionally, you can get pretzels, popcorn, turkey legs, hot dogs, and root beer floats at the Fife & Drum kiosk.
- Lastly, stop by the Funnel Cake kiosk for a good old-fashioned funnel cake.
America’s Attractions & Entertainment
- Head to the second floor of Independence Hall for a show on American history, also called American Adventure.
- While you wait for the show to start, listen to the beautiful Voices of Liberty on the first floor.
- Also on the first floor is the American Heritage Gallery, which features rotating exhibits dedicated to American history.
- Across the promenade, you will find the American Gardens Theatre, an amphitheater which houses live music at various times.
Pick up some handcrafted and Americana souvenirs in the Heritage Manor Gift shop.
The next of the World Showcase countries in the lineup is Japan. You will easily recognize it by its bright red torii gate and pagoda. There is also a beautiful garden and a koi pond. You won’t find any character meets in Japan though.
- Teppan Edo is a traditional teppanyaki restaurant. You will love the show as much as the food at this table service restaurant.
- Tokyo Dining is another table service restaurant with traditional Japanese cuisine.
- One of the newest restaurants in Epcot is Takumi Tei. This signature eatery has a multi-course menu and a traditional tea service.
- Katsura Grill is Japan’s quick service restaurant with sushi and teriyaki dishes.
- Garden House is a drink kiosk with alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks.
- Japan Ice Cream Cart sells ice cream.
- Kabuki Cafe is a kiosk with sushi, shaved ice, and alcoholic drinks.
Japan’s Attractions & Entertainment
Like several other countries, Japan has an art gallery with rotating exhibits called Bijutsu-kan Gallery. In addition to the gallery, you can enjoy Matsuriza drummers in this pavilion as they perform several times per day.
The Mitsukoski Department Store in Japan offers dolls, kitchen ware, kimonos, cookbooks, and other Japanese items for sell.
After Japan, you will enter Morocco. This pavilion showcases architecture common in Morocco. The landmark is the Koutoubia Minaret, a prayer tower. Princess Jasmine meets her guests in this pavilion.
- Restaurant Marrakesh is a table service eatery that serves traditional Moroccan cuisine. A belly dancer performs in the restaurant as you dine.
- Spice Road Table is a table service tapas restaurant on the water side of the promenade.
- Next to Spice Road Table is Juice Bar, which serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks.
- Tangierine Cafe is a quick service open-air cafe serving sandwiches, hummus, desserts, and more.
- Inside Tangierine Cafe is Morocco Coffee & Pastries.
Morocco’s Attractions & Entertainment
Morocco is a pavilion full of little nooks and crannies to explore. Take a look around the Gallery of Art and History to get a glimpse into this exotic country. Across from the gallery is Fez House, an example of a typical Moroccan house.
In the gift shops of Morocco, you can find baskets, furniture, and leather goods.
After leaving Morocco, you enter France. This is a quaint and beautiful pavilion full of shops and restaurants. You can gaze at the Eiffel Tower as you wait to meet Aurora and Belle.
- Monsieur Paul is a signature restaurant serving upscale French cuisine in a sophisticated environment.
- The menu at Chefs de France contains dishes by its three chef-owners: Paul Bocuse, Gaston Lenotre, and Roger Verge.
- Boulangerie-Patisserie Les Halles is a quick service bakery serving sandwiches, salads, soups, desserts and more.
- L’Artisan des Glaces is a French ice cream shop.
- Le Creperie de Paris is a new crepe restaurant that is coming to France in the near future.
- Les Vins de Chefs des France is a drink kiosk offering wines and alcoholic slushes.
- Crepes de Chef des France is a kiosk serving a variety of crepes.
France’s Attractions & Entertainment
- Currently, Impressions de France is the pavilion’s only attraction. This is a movie about the country.
- Starting in 2020, Impressions de France will share its theater with the Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is a new ride being built in the back of the France pavilion. It will open in 2020.
- You can also delight in the antics of Serveur Amusant, a waiter/acrobat/juggler who performs several times a day.
Stroll through any of France’s many shops for French goods and souvenirs.
The tenth country on our tour of the World Showcase countries is United Kingdom. You must cross the “English Channel” after leaving France in order to reach the U.K. The landmark for this pavilion is a Tudor style pub. Here, you can meet Winnie the Pooh, Alice, and Mary Poppins.
United Kingdom’s Restaurants
- Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room is U.K.’s table service restaurant. Here, you can find English favorites such as fish & chips and bangers & mash.
- The Yorkshire County Fish Shop is a quick service restaurant serving fish and chips.
- Lastly, the Rose & Crown Beer Garden is a kiosk with snacks and drinks.
United Kingdom’s Attractions & Entertainment
As of right now, there are no attractions in United Kingdom. However, Disney recently announced the addition of Cherry Tree Lane and the Banks house from Mary Poppins. In the meantime, you can enjoy live music in the Rose & Crown or wander back to the gazebo in the back of the pavilion for a British Revolution concert.
United Kingdom’s Shopping
In the United Kingdom’s gift shops, you can find specialty teas, fine china, British games, and other favorites.
The last of the World Showcase countries in Epcot is Canada. The replica landmark in this country is the Chateau Laurier. The Canada pavilion also showcases the Rocky mountains, gardens, and a waterfall. However, Canada is one of the few countries without a character meet and greet location.
Le Cellier, a steakhouse, is the only dining location in Canada. This table service restaurant requires two credits if you are on the dining plan.
Canada’s Attractions & Entertainment
While there are no rides in Canada, Canada Far and Wide, a new 360 degree film highlighting the country, opens in January, 2020. Additionally, there is an outdoor stage where you can see a variety of musical groups perform.
There are two shops in Canada: Northwest Mercantile and Trading Post. They both sell popular Canadian items, such as maple syrup and lumberjack shirts.
Epcot’s World Showcase countries are such a unique aspect to a theme park. They allow you to travel the world, experiencing all the different cultures and cuisines, all in one day. Additionally, they are a perfect way to expose your kids to the world without spending a fortune. Take some time to explore each of these countries to see just how much they have to offer. For more information on Epcot, see allears.net and disneytouristblog.com. As mentioned above, there are some new things coming to World Showcase in the next year or so. To keep up to date on all of the new additions coming to Epcot’s World Showcase, check out my post on Disney World changes. Additionally, for a list of must-do’s in Epcot, see my magical must-do’s in World Showcase and Future World. Happy travels!