Any links in this post to a merchant may contain an affiliate link, which means that if you click on that link and then buy something, I may earn a commission from it. However, all opinions in this link are 100% mine and 100% honest. If I didn't believe in a particular product, I wouldn't recommend it to you.
Do you have sports fans in your family? Are you looking for a fun sporting event to plan a family road trip around? Do you want a low key, inexpensive game to treat your family to during your summer vacation this year? Then a Springfield Cardinals baseball game in Springfield, Missouri is for you! See why your family will love it!
My family spent the night in Springfield, Missouri on the way home from my son’s baseball camp one summer. We went to a Cardinals game while we were in town. It turned out to be one of the best baseball experiences we’ve ever had! My son loved it so much he has begged to go back ever since!
- About Springfield Cardinals Baseball
- Why You Will Love These Games
- Tips To Help You Enjoy the Game Even More
About Springfield Cardinals Baseball
The Springfield Cardinals are a minor league baseball team affiliated with the St. Louis Cardinals. They are a double A team, which means they are two steps down from the Major Leagues. The team is located in Springfield, Missouri.
The team is made up of young players who are trying to work their way up to the big leagues and those who have been sent down to the minors to get back in playing shape after returning from an injury.
Because this is a minor league team, the feel of their games and the atmosphere of the stadium is much different than watching major league games, in a good way.
Minor league baseball is more similar to college baseball than it is to big time baseball. The game goes faster because they are usually not televised. Also, the stadium is smaller, which means you can get much closer to the action.
There is overall just more excitement in the air during these games. And the experience is generally more fun for everyone, regardless of how much you love baseball.
Why You Will Love These Games
There are many reasons why you will have a blast at a Springfield Cardinals baseball game. Here are some of the top ones:
- The tickets are super affordable. You can get good seats for as little as $10 per person! This makes it a great option for families! (You can find out more about the prices and order your tickets on the team’s website.
- You can get really close to the action. This will help your kids stay engaged and interested in the game. It also makes it more fun to watch.
- You don’t have to deal with big crowds. Unlike at major league games, here the stadium and the crowds are much smaller. So, you won’t have to expose your kids to obnoxious fans. You can have more space around you. And your little ones can move around a lot more.
- There are fun promotions and giveaways before and during the games. At minor league games, there are more promotions and giveaways for fans. So, your kids have a better chance at winning a prize. This also adds to the fun for them.
- The people are so nice. Because Springfield is in the Midwest, you get to experience just how friendly Midwesterners are when you go to a Springfield Cardinals baseball game. When we went, we met several super sweet people. Some of them even gave my son some of the prizes they won at one of the giveaways!
- It’s a great way to introduce your kids to professional baseball. The atmosphere is relaxed and laid back but still exciting and fun.
- Fireworks. During the summer, they have a fireworks show after many of their games. You can stay in your seats after the game to watch these as soon as the game ends. This is always fun for kids!
Tips To Help You Enjoy the Game Even More
To get the most bang for your buck when you go to a Springfield Cardinals game, use these tips:
Tip #1: Buy your tickets online in advance.
To save time at the gate, buy your tickets to the game in advance online at the Cardinals ticket website.
Tip #2: Consider buying a premier seating experience.
The Springfield Cardinals baseball organization offers two premier seating experiences: the SpringNet Champions Club and the Coca Cola Redbird Roost. Both are located on the suites level of the stadium.
The Champions Club gives you reserved seats in a great spot down the right field line, plus access to an indoor suite with air conditioning, televisions showing the game and the St. Louis Cardinals games, an all-you-can-eat buffet, a full service bar, and four drink tickets per person.
The buffet in the Champions Club includes everything from pasta and hot dogs to nachos, popcorn, and cookies.
We sat in the Champions Club when we went, and it was so amazing. My son ate his weight in popcorn during the game! And it was only about $50 per person! I highly recommend it!
The Redbird Roost is a little bit cheaper and gives you reserved seats in the suite level plus an all-you-can-eat buffet of ballpark favorites. This one, however, does not give you access to an indoor suite or a bar. Plus, the food here is not quite as extensive as in the Champions Club. This is still a great value though!
Tip #3: Park for free.
Don’t pay to park when you go to a Springfield Cardinals game! You can park for free at the Ozarks Technical Community College nearby.
Alternatively, if you are in town specifically for the game, stay at the University Plaza Hotel. (Get a great price on it through Agoda.) This hotel is about a block from the stadium, so you can easily leave your car at the hotel and walk to the game.
This is what we did, and it was great! We will stay here again the next time we are in Springfield for a Cardinals game.
Tip #4: Remember the clear bag policy.
Like most sporting events these days, the Cardinals have a clear bag policy. This means you can only take in bags or purses that are clear and of a certain size. The only exceptions are diaper bags needed for babies and toddlers or bags with medical equipment. Check the specifics of the policy here.
Tip #5: Check the promotions schedule before you go.
They have special promotions for many of their games. So, check out the promotions schedule before you go to see what special giveaways or activities will be happening while you are there.
Attending a Springfield Cardinals baseball game in Springfield, Missouri is one of the best ways to spend time with your family! It is an affordable and fun way to introduce your kids to baseball in a laid-back environment. I hope you take a trip to the ballpark soon!
For more info on your trip to Springfield, check out my post on the Mansion at Elfindale.
P.S. Do you love to tailgate, but are always forgetting something? Simplify your tailgate prep by using my FREE tailgate packing list to ensure you take everything you need for your tailgate. Grab your copy in the box below! Plus, as a bonus, you will receive our weekly email newsletter full of travel tips and tricks.